How Wall Street Survivor works
Оцелял от Уолстрийт is a stock market simulation game that gives you virtual money to invest in real companies. You’ll learn how to buy, sell and trade stocks without risking any real money.
You can use it to try different strategies by investing in different companies. You can also compete against other players as you try to make the most money from your investments before time runs out.
As you play Wall Street Survivor, you’ll learn about companies and their stock prices, which can help when you’re ready to start investing in real life!
Types of competitions
To compete, you must sign up on the site. If you don’t have an account, you can create one free of charge. Once that’s done, it’s time to start competing! There are several types of competitions for which users can sign up:
- Competitions run by the site
- Competitions run by other users that are open to anyone who wishes to join
- Competitions that require a fee or payment before joining (these are typically hosted by other users and may be sponsored by businesses)
In the game, you will be given different missions to complete. Each mission has its unique objective, but certain elements are common to all missions. These include:
- Learning objectives
- A feedback section where you can see how well you did on each topic and what areas of your knowledge still need improvement. You can also get a quick recap of anything you may have missed along the way.
The game modes differ from each other in terms of difficulty level and how much time they take to finish (depending on how well/fast you do).
Awards you can win
- Top traders, top investors, and rank-based awards: You can earn badges by clicking on the Awards button in your profile page. The badge will appear on your profile next to your username.
- Competition winners: Badges are awarded weekly to the top traders and investors during that time.
- Students: There is an award for good students who complete all of their course requirements within a specified time period (for example, completing all of your courses within one year).
How to use Wall Street Survivor simulator
If you’re new to investing, Wall Street Survivor is a great place to start. It’s basically an investing simulator that allows you to learn how to invest in the stock market with fake money. You can play with other people and compete against each other, or practice your skills by yourself.
As you go through the Introduction to Investing tutorial, you start by learning about topics like the stock market, investments, and dispelling common investing myths. You’ll learn about how modern-day investors invest their hard-earned money into businesses. This is a good starting point for new investors who want to exploit the exploding stock market. After all, the stock market has grown more than 8x in the last decade.
How to win in Wall Street Survivor
There are numerous ways to win Wall Street Survivor, but here are my top seven tips that will help you succeed:
- Increase your trading volume
- Aim for big wins
- Diversify your investments
- Use the chatrooms
- Learn from the pros (read their advice)
- Make your own rules (for example, never sell in a panic)
How to reset Wall Street Survivor account
There are a few ways in which you can reset your account.
If you are a premium member, you can reset your Wall Street Survivor account yourself at any time by clicking on the Reset Account option on the homepage. This will remove all of your progress and return you to level 1 with no bonuses or cash balance. All progress made after that point will be gone as well (including any funds purchased with real money), so make sure that if this is what you want to do, there isn’t anything else left in the game worth doing!
How does margin work in Wall Street Survivor
Margin is a loan from your broker that allows you to trade on leverage. You borrow capital from your broker and use it as part of your trading account, allowing you to make larger trades than what you’re actually able to afford. This is called “trading on margin,” and it gives you more buying power than if you were using cash in the account.
If used properly, margin can be extremely beneficial for investors who are looking to grow their portfolio quickly or maximize returns in volatile markets (like cryptocurrency). However, there are inherent risks involved with margin because of its nature as a loan—if the value of an asset drops below what was borrowed against it (known as being “underwater”), then this would trigger an automatic liquidation event where all positions would be sold off until no money was owed anymore.
Wall Street Survivor is a neat little game however it’s lacking in many aspects and not really an useful stock market simulator.
We’ve created a guide if you want to read an in-depth comparison of the best trading simulator apps.